To become a trainee teacher in England, candidates must satisfy the below national criteria, set by the Department for Education. Please ensure that you meet the below conditions before applying to Ark Teacher Training.
If you are not eligible, please note that unfortunately we will not be able to accept an application from you until you satisfy all of the below criteria.
- have a grade C or above in Maths and English language GCSE (and a science subject if you are applying to teach primary)
- hold (or will hold by September 2018) an undergraduate Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent)
- have the right to live and work in the UK for the duration of the programme
- not currently hold Qualified Teacher Status
If you hold non-UK/Irish qualfications, you will need a NARIC certificate. Find out more here.
Ark Teacher Training criteria – who do we look for?
All teacher training programmes are different, and at Ark Teacher Training we want to ensure that our students are taught by the strongest possible trainees to give them the best start in life. We therefore assess candidates on the following areas during the application and assessment stages – do you feel you have these qualities? If so, we’d love to receive your application!
- Strong academic background
- Alignment with Ark’s ethos and values
- Great communication skills
- Resilience (teaching is hard!)
- Curiosity and eagerness to learn