These schools are located across the city, with brilliant staff working closely together to make sure every child can succeed.
A great example of Ark’s success in Birmingham is Ark St Alban’s Academy in Highgate, which joined Ark in 2009. Within two years the school was rated ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted; it is now in the top 1% nationally of schools’ value added score, which shows the progress students have made during their time at school.
Ark Tindal, a primary school near Ark St Alban’s, has been ‘transformed’ through ‘inspirational leadership’. Ark Rose Primary Academy and Ark Kings Academy are fast-improving schools. Ark Rose works hard to support its students experiencing language challenges, in particular running an innovative sign language programme. Ark Chamberlain Primary Academy and Ark Boulton Academy joined the Ark network in 2015 – working with more established Ark schools on their journey to outstanding.
Oasis Community Learning exists to deliver ‘Exceptional Education at the heart of community.’ We are driven by a strong ethos of inclusion, hope, perseverance, healthy relationships and equality, which permeates all aspects of the life and culture in each academy. All of our academies are committed to developing character and competence within every young person, raising their aspirations and providing the exceptional teaching and learning that they need to reach their full potential.
Oasis Community Learning has a close family of academies in Birmingham who work closely to share best practice and drive continual improvement.
Oasis Academy Foundry last year received national media coverage following them being awarded ‘School of Sanctuary’ status. They were presented with the award which recognises the Academy as being a safe place for those seeking sanctuary, and offers advice and guidance to other local schools. Despite having over 40 languages spoken within the Academy, the Academy exceeded the national average for the percentage of pupils meeting expected levels in KS2 tests in 2015.
Driven by a passion for inclusion, all our schools are committed to developing character and competence within every young person, raising their aspirations and providing the excellent teaching and learning that they need to reach their full potential.
Our Birmingham Schools
- Ark Boulton Academy (Secondary School) Sparkbrook, Birmingham
- Ark Chamberlain Primary Academy (Primary School) Small Heath, Birmingham
- Ark Kings Academy (Secondary School) Kings Norton, Birmingham
- Ark Rose Primary Academy (Primary School) Kings Norton, Birmingham
- Ark St Alban’s Academy (Secondary School) Highgate, Birmingham
- Ark Tindal Primary Academy (Primary School) Balsall Heath, Birmingham
- Oasis Academy Woodview (Primary School)
- Oasis Academy Short Heath (Primary School)
- Oasis Academy Hobmoor (Primary School)
- Oasis Academy Foundry (Primary School)
- Oasis Academy Boulton (Primary School)
- Oasis Academy Blakenhale Junior (Primary School)
- Oasis Academy Blakenhale Infants (Primary School)
I love my school - they have really supported me this year!llewella OwenArk Tindal