Open days – Birmingham & Manchester
The best way to find out what it’s like to be a teacher is to experience a working classroom yourself! Our primary and secondary schools in Birmingham and Manchester are running a series of open days in March and May to give you a taster of life as a trainee teacher.
Ark St Albans Academy, Ark Kings Academy and Ark Tindal Primary Academy in Birmingham and Oasis MediaCityUK in Manchester will all be hosting open days, inviting you to experience what it’s like to teach in their schools.
Spend half a day in one of our schools and experience:
- A welcome and tour of the school
- Lesson observations to see examples of great teaching in the subject/key stage of your choice
- A training session with one of the professional tutors from the Ark Teacher Training team allowing you to experience our training first-hand and improve your skills
Open days are currently being held on the following dates:
- Birmingham – Ark St Albans: Tuesday 21 March – subjects available: biology, chemistry, English, geography, history, mathematics, P.E., physics
- Birmingham – Ark Kings: Tuesday 2 May
- Manchester – Oasis MediaCityUK: Thursday 27 April
- Birmingham – Ark Tindal: Monday 27 March
To apply, please email your CV and a brief statement explaining what attracted you to teaching and our programme, your subject of interest, location and the date you’d like to attend to firstname.lastname@example.org
You must be eligible for our teacher training programme to be considered. Please check our eligibility criteria before applying.
All CVs MUST include GCSE and A level subjects and grades as well as a degree subject and result (predicted or obtained).